Weekend Warrior 6/29-7/2
Published: Saturday, June 30, 2012
Updated: Monday, August 27, 2012 16:08
1. World’s Largest Block Part at Old St. Pat’s Church, June 29 & 30
Thousands will swarm Old St. Pat’s to celebrate two days of music and entertainment
in Chicago for a good cause. Proceeds will benefit multiple charities including Horizons
for Youth and Global Alliance for Africa. Don’t miss performances by Ben Folds Five and
Lifehouse. One and two day passes are available here https://tix.extremetix.com/Online/?
2. Chicago Cultural Center Tour at Chicago Cultural Center, June 29
Meet in the Randolph Street lobby for an free in-depth tour detailing the rich history of the
Chicago Cultural Center. Go to http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en/things_see_do/
tours/dca_tourism/chicago_cultural_center0.html for more.
3. Chicago Craft Beer Festival at St. Michael in Old Town, June 29 - July 1
Enjoy a tasting session of Midwest microbrews at the iconic St. Michael’s parish grounds.
The festival will include food, music, arts and crafts. Purchase tickets here https://
4. Cupid Has a Heart On: A Musical Guide to Relationships at 3541 N. Clark St., June
Hear a witty musical satire on love and relationships during this 70-minute comedy show.
Go to http://ioimprov.com/chicago/io/shows/cupid-has-a-heart-on for more.
5. Golden Anniversary Choral Spectacular at Millennium Park, June 30
Chicago celectrates the 50th anniversary of the Grant Park Chorus with a performance of
Carl Orff’s “Carmina Burana.” Go to http://explorechicago.org/city/en/things_see_do/
event_landing/special_events/dca_tourism/Grant_Park_Music_Festival.html for more.
6. Blue Man Group at 3133 N. Halsted St., July 1
Witness the world-famous percussion performers in their element at the Briar Street
Theater. Go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/57416/?camefrom=CFC_BMG_TIX for
7. The Armando Diaz Experience at 3541 N. Clark St., July 2
Enjoy a night of improv comedy for a low price. You never know when celebrity guests
from "Saturday Night Live," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and The Second City may
grace the stage. Go to http://ioimprov.com/chicago/ for more.