Seven in Heaven 3/1-3/4
1. React presents Zeds Dead, Dillon Francis and Araabmuzik at Congress Theater, 3/2
Zeds Dead is huge for dubstep. Dillon Francis for electro and moombahton. Araabmuzik for hip-hip beats. This trifecta cannot be beat (but it can be enhanced by opening support from local dub steppers Midnight Conspiracy). This massive, truly massive, 17+ show is going to be a best-of genre showcase by some of the best of the biz, thanks again and again to React presents. Choosing the headliner must have been a headache. Get your tickets immediately, and get there early. Got to www.clubtix.com to get your tickets.
2. First Fridays at the Museum of Contemporary Art, 3/2
This monthly 21+ event brings Wolfgang Puck appetizers, a cash bar, a DJ and more to the swanky River North museum. Put on your little black dress or your black skinny tie and mingle with the art lover. Go to www.mcachicago.org for more.
3. First Fridays at the Flat Iron Fine Arts Building, 3/2
So maybe you're an art love but you're not 21 or you don't at all feel like getting swanky about it this Friday. Wicker Park's multi-story history Flat Irons building at the crazy intersection off the Damen blue line stop is your place. The hipsters of all ages can roam from open galleries to studio spaces to view edgy art and strikes up interesting convos. The occasional free food will arise, as will live music. Go to www.theflatironproject.com for more.
4. Chicago Bike Swap at Pulaski Park Fieldhouse, 3/3
Hey bikers! Come to this event for deals of bikes, gear, accessories and more from more than 50 bike dealers, plus view demonstrations and lessons (like commuting in the winter). Vendors will be there with coffee and food in tow. Go to www.chicagobikeswap.org for more.
5. "Anchorman" vs. "Talladega Nights" at Lincoln Hall, 3/7
This free, 18+ event at the nearby venue gives you no excuse not to stop by for the double feature of funny. Two films, drink and food specials, and the much needed calm before the storm that is finals week. Go to www.lincolnhallchicago.com for more.
6. Raven Theatre presents "The Price" at Raven Theatre, 3/4
A nice Sunday night stage play premiere, anyone? "The Price," by the notable playwright Arthur Miller (surely you remember "The Crucible"), tells the tale of two estranged brothers sorting out the belongings of their deceased parents in a New York City attic. The debate over possessions rises to arguments about the value of what has become of each other's lives, examining self-preservation versus familial responsibilities. Go to www.raventheatre.com for more.
7. Chicago Polar Plunge at North Avenue beach, 3/4
So maybe you don't have $125 minimum donation to participate in the 12th annual freezing Lake Michigan dip. It's still guaranteed to be quite the people-watching adventure. If you go have the courage and the funds to take the dive, you'll be rewarded with a t-shirt, towel, food, drinks, the knowledge that you donating money to the Special Olympics Chicago and more. Check out this for all the details.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- DePaul women's basketball releases non-conference schedule
- Interview: Lauren Guglielmello of 'Hellish Half-Light'
- DeJaun Marrero transfers away from DePaul men's basketball
- Recap: Wicker Park Fest 2014
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?