Spring Dining: Al fresco patios open for season
Spring is the best season in Chicago. This is a time where people finally stop hibernating and actually start leaving their apartments. And what better way is there to celebrate the change of seasons than with a nice and cheap meal outside?
"I like to get some sun on my face and enjoy the warmth. The food is much more pleasurable that way, and I also love people watching," said Joel Wolschleger.
Natalia Hernandez, a student at DePaul, said that Piece Pizza in Wicker Park is one of her favorite places to hang out at when the weather is nice.
"They have good beer, great people, fresh food, and the weather's accommodating to all three," she said.
Even chains, such as Chipotle and Panera Bread, offer outdoor seating. Check out Diversey and Clark.
What students don't realize sometimes is that they don't have to spend a fortune to enjoy an affordable meal outside. Here are some money-saving options.
626 N. State St.
Located right off the Grand stop, Quartino is a great spot to eat with your friends or that special someone. The majority of the entrees are under $12, and a glass of wine is $10.
The pastas and pizzas they offer are delicious. Small appetizers are also their specialty. Don't forget to order their cheese plate.
2827 N. Clark St.
Pizza lovers, make sure to stop by Renaldi's. This Italian restaurant will make you want to come back for more. It is a little bit more expensive than Quartino, but that is because the pizzas are much larger. There is also plenty of outdoor seating.
At night, lights illuminate the restaurant, adding to the already romantic setting.
TAVERN ON RUSH
1031 N. Rush St.
You don't need a wallet filled with a cash to enjoy one of the restaurants on Rush Street. To save some money, try going out for brunch or lunch at this restaurant because dinner menus tend to be a bit pricey.
Tavern on Rush is a little bit more hidden than the rest of the restaurants since Rush is a smaller street. This way it is easier to enjoy company without having to yell across the table.
DUNLAYS ON CLARK
2600 N. Clark St.
Dunlays is a friendly neighborhood restaurant that has an outdoor patio and a bar. Their patio is on Wrightwood, which gives their customers some privacy from the hustle of Clark Street. Most entrees are around $11. Brunch, lunch and dinner menus are available.
THE WIENER CIRCLE
2622 N. Clark St.
This classic hotdog joint offers outdoor seating, as well as famous Chicago-style hotdogs and chardogs.
Wiener Circle is famous for its rude atmosphere where the service staff and the customers yell mean things to one another. If you are looking for a place to eat late at night, come see what is going on here. It never gets boring.
Also, tune in to TruTV because this establishment is the host of a new reality television show.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Fragmented Ferguson, Missouri in the name of Michael Brown
- Steppenwolf Theatre's
- Interview: Brenton Twaites and Odeya Rush of 'The Giver'
- AP: Ferguson police got surplus military equipment
- AP: Police won't release name of officer who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.
- Robin Williams: A retrospective
- More than just a revival: A review of the Goodman Theatre's "Brigadoon"
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma
- Save Energy and Money With Home Lighting Techniques
- Former Smoker: You Can Quit