Venue spotlight: Subterranean
Damen Blue Line is home to a different Chicago style. It has many coffee shops, stores, and bars that you can't find anywhere else in the City. This Wicker Park stop is also home to the Subterranean. The Subterranean or "Sub T," depending on who you know, is one of the greatest places to watch live music. The owners cater to all groups of music and are involved with community talent. On selected Tuesdays there's hip-hop open mic night, and every Thursday there's 5-dollar reggae night. This venue also hosts a variety of talent that ranges from heavy metal to rap. So regardless of what you're into, this place has something to offer.
The venue is on the narrow side, but has three stories. Each story has a bar, and the second is where the main stage is. Each story of the venue caters to a particular kind of person. The club goer would be into the bottom floor, because that's where there's a DJ spinning. The concert goer would be in front of the stage on the second level, and the conversationalist would be on the top because you could look down on the live stage without being in the crowd.
Overall the Subterranean is a killer venue and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to get out of the River North or Lakeview neighborhoods. Check out their website for concert dates and theme nights.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Sunday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Saturday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Friday recap
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit