The good, the bad and the just-plain ugly of Grammy fashion
Celebrities spend hours prepping to walk the red carpet, but sometimes we wonder if they didn't get the memo.
Even though the red-carpet arrivals are not everyone's favorite part of the Grammy's, people still can't help but anxiously await their favorite artists.
Of course, the six Grammy Award winner looked absolutely stunning in a classic black-sequin custom Giorgio Armani gown. She accomplished the old Hollywood look with her bright red lipstick, liquid eyeliner, and her bouncy curls.
Black was a popular color among celebrities. Alicia Keys, Giuliana Rancic, Coco, Diana Krall, and Julianne Hough looked gorgeous.
But who wore it best? Rihanna is definitely the winner. Her little black Armani dress left little to the imagination. The gold earrings and bracelet completed the already sexy outfit.
Unfortunately, not everyone looked spectacular. Some wanted to standout, but in the end they looked like they were trying way too hard to get noticed. Fergie, Snooki, and Sasha Gradiva were not able to pull off whatever look they were going for.
LADY IN WHITE
Robyn's cape/dress was inspired by Dick Grayson a.k.a Robin from Batman. Those shoes ruined the look and she should have gone barefoot.
Carrie Underwood always looks gorgeous on the red carpet. She glowed in Gomez-Gracia's long-sleeve white dress.
COOL SHADES BRUNO, BUT DO YOU NEED A HAIRCUT?
Men at the Grammys apparently love their accessories. Elvis Costello and the host L.L. Cool J showed off their hats.
Nathan Followill from the Kings of Leon, Steve Martin and Bruno Mars all wore big frames to add to their vintage look.
Adam Levine and his girlfriend, Anne Vyalitsina definitely stole the show with the help of one another.
NEW FASHION TREND:
Have you heard your mother tell you to match your purse to your shoes?
Well, Katy Perry took it to a new level. Perry introduced a new trend-to match your hair to your dress.
Katy we loved the dress, but what happened to your hair?
IS IT HALLOWEEN FOR NICKI MINAJ AND HER 'DATE?'
Nicki Minaj was spotted with the "pope" during the course of the evening.
The "Little Red Riding Hood" cape was designed by Versace. Looks like Lady Gaga has some competition!
We get it Gaga, you love to be the center of attention, but your crazy outfits are getting old.
It's time for you to look classy and maybe we will take you
"She looked like a fish stuck in a fish net," said Gerardo Zavala, a junior at DePaul.
WHICH SEAT CAN I TAKE?
The Youtube Sensation, Miss Rebecca Black, got an invite to the 54th Annual Grammy's. But instead, she looked as if she was going to her High School dance. Her black Ted Baker dress had too many ruffles and let's not get started on those red Prada shoes.
A night of deserved awards and star-studded performances, The Grammy Awards proved to be a collage of unique styles and glamorous Hollywood ensembles, leaving us inspired to create our own red-carpet looks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Fragmented Ferguson, Missouri in the name of Michael Brown
- Steppenwolf Theatre's
- Interview: Brenton Twaites and Odeya Rush of 'The Giver'
- AP: Ferguson police got surplus military equipment
- AP: Police won't release name of officer who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.
- Robin Williams: A retrospective
- More than just a revival: A review of the Goodman Theatre's "Brigadoon"
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma
- Save Energy and Money With Home Lighting Techniques