DePaul community dances 24-hours for good cause with DemonTHON
DemonTHON is DePaul University's first student-run Dance Marathon. Started by three students last year with an urge to become true Vincentians in action, their vision has transformed into a reality with the help of 17 other students eager to do the same.
On Friday April 20, 2012 beginning at 5 p.m., and ending Saturday April 21, at 5 p.m. at McGrath-Phillisps Arena, there will be entertainment including live music, dance performances, DJ's, activities and games, food...and of course dancing for a whopping 24-hours.
All proceeds directly benefit Children's Miracle Network and Children's Memorial Hospital in honor of families and children who struggle with serious illness. The event asks students to stand for 24-hours and raise $250 prior to the event.
DemonTHON is an opportunity to stand for the kids who can't. Their mission is committing to stand for 24 hours and dance every hour, on the hour.
Mercedes Bernard on why she "DemonTHON's" says, "I guess you could say that I signed up for many reasons, but there's one main reason I'm still here. I'm here to see all the children's faces at the event and to hear their stories."
There will be entertainment by DePaul bands like North to Howard, The Cyclists, and Pipe Dream. Dance groups also come in like Ritmo Dancing, the Swing Society, The Lab, and the DePaul Dance Team. General Admission for the event is $5 donation to Children's Memorial Hospital, DePaul students $3.
The creators of DemonTHON hope this will become a long lasting tradition at DePaul and will bring a sense of community for those involved. Even if you are not participating at the event, come and meet the families and support fellow DePaul students who are spending an entire day of devoting their lives standing for the kids.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Interview: Lauren Guglielmello of 'Hellish Half-Light'
- DeJaun Marrero transfers away from DePaul men's basketball
- Recap: Wicker Park Fest 2014
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?