Seven in Heaven 5/10-5/13
1. Volunteering at Jarvis Bird Sanctuary, 5/12
The CitySwarm spring volunteering event benefits the Chicago Park District and the Jarvis Bird Sanctuary. Registration is $5 for the event. Check out CitySwarm for more info and to sign up.
2. Royal Canoe at Township, 5/13
This Winnipeg sextet makes their way to this Logan Square joint in support of their EP released in February, "Extended Play." This cool, experimental indie band is the perfect sound-companion to the neighborhood they'll be gracing this weekend. Check out the 21+ show for more.
3. Hacky Sack and Drumming in the Park at Logan Square Park, 5/12
Since the weather is finally shaping up, catch this every-Saturday get-together. Embrace your inner hippie and learn some hacky sack moves or drum techniques by some experts. Or else just throw a Frisbee or enjoy a different outdoor activity in the park. For more info, check out www.iamlogansquare.com.
4. React Presents Mayhem at the Mid vs. Bass Kitchen at the Mid, 5/11
A huge lineup comes to the Mid for dubstep and electro madness. The roster includes Lucky Date, The Killabits, Mt. Eden, Dirty Loud and more. This 21+ event doesn't stop until 4 a.m. and doesn't require a special dress code. Grab tickets here
5. Word is Out at Town Hall Pub, 5/15
OutLoud Chicago and In Our Words present a reading series for queers and friends to share stories. This is the beginning of a monthly event and will feature comedians, columnists, writers, and more. The $5 admission includes a companion zine. Check out the Facebook page for more.
6. Modern Wing Highlights at the Art Institute of Chicago, 5/12
Admit it: you don't really "get" modern art. Stop by the AIC at noon for a one-hour zip through the museum's swanky Modern Wing while a lecturer explains the significance of the modern masterpieces. The lecture is free with the price of admission. More info here.
7. Opiuo (live), Manic Focus, Psymbionic and more at Smart Bar, 5/10
Wolfpack and Dubliminal.com present this 21+ glitch hop show at this dance-friendly spot underneath the Metro. Other artists on the bill include Ruckus and Walka. Get in for $5 with your student ID before 11 p.m. Go to www.smartbarchicago.com for more.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- August 2014 album round-up
- Arcade Brewery takes a crowdsourced approach to craft beer
- Raymond Doby opts out of attending DePaul
- Chicago celebrates Jackie Robinson West with Millenium Park parade
- President Fr. Holtschneider accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sandi Marcius of DePaul men's basketball signs to play overseas in native...
- Cleveland Melvin signs contract to play basketball in Hungary
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care