Spring Forward: Fashion trends to keep an eye on
With the crazy weather Chicago's been having, it seems like we skipped right over spring and into summer. In true Chicago fashion we may need to pull out our snow boots once more, but that doesn't mean our closets can't get a fresh update for spring. There are a few big trends this year that can easily be added to bring any wardrobe up-to-date. Spend a Saturday shopping around Chicago and get your closet ready for spring.
Mint green skinny jeans from J Crew. This is definitely the "it" color for the coming season. (J Crew)
The color everyone is wearing this spring is mint green. Light pastels are perfect for a warm April day, and mint can be mixed with almost any color. Wear a pair of mint skinny jeans with a simple button-down and flats, or throw a mint blazer over a little black dress to make it season-appropriate.
Akira sheer statment collar. (Akira)
Collars are everywhere this season. From runways to street style everyone is making the collar the center of attention. Peter Pan collars, color-contrasting collars, embellished collars, and even stand-alone collars - the possibilities are endless.
Leather studded sandals from Target, a great way to incorporate this edgy spring trend into your wardrobe. (Target)
Different than the studded belts you might've worn during your "punk phase" in middle school, studs can make any piece look updated and a little bit edgy. You don't have to go full-on Lady Gaga with studs, but mixing them with delicate pieces balances the harshness of the studs. Lightly colored shirts and sweatshirts are a great contrast for studs, but if you're not ready for that, shoes are a great way to incorporate a trend with a little less commitment.
MAXI SKIRTS AND DRESSES
A sheer maxi skirt from ZARA allows for the perfect amount of sexy and classy. It's also an extremely comfortable style to rock. (ZARA)
This trend keeps coming back each spring and summer, but there's always a new way to pull it off. If you're on the shorter side and have struggled with maxis in the past, try a partially sheer maxi to still show some leg and not be taken over by a huge piece of fabric. For taller girls, keep embracing the maxi. Take advantage of simple, patterned maxi dresses that are simple and stylish to throw on any warmer day.
Try out one or try them all and enjoy the warmer weather!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- August 2014 album round-up
- Arcade Brewery takes a crowdsourced approach to craft beer
- Raymond Doby opts out of attending DePaul
- Chicago celebrates Jackie Robinson West with Millenium Park parade
- President Fr. Holtschneider accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sandi Marcius of DePaul men's basketball signs to play overseas in native...
- Cleveland Melvin signs contract to play basketball in Hungary
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care