Spring Forward: Fashion trends to keep an eye on
With the crazy weather Chicago's been having, it seems like we skipped right over spring and into summer. In true Chicago fashion we may need to pull out our snow boots once more, but that doesn't mean our closets can't get a fresh update for spring. There are a few big trends this year that can easily be added to bring any wardrobe up-to-date. Spend a Saturday shopping around Chicago and get your closet ready for spring.
Mint green skinny jeans from J Crew. This is definitely the "it" color for the coming season. (J Crew)
The color everyone is wearing this spring is mint green. Light pastels are perfect for a warm April day, and mint can be mixed with almost any color. Wear a pair of mint skinny jeans with a simple button-down and flats, or throw a mint blazer over a little black dress to make it season-appropriate.
Akira sheer statment collar. (Akira)
Collars are everywhere this season. From runways to street style everyone is making the collar the center of attention. Peter Pan collars, color-contrasting collars, embellished collars, and even stand-alone collars - the possibilities are endless.
Leather studded sandals from Target, a great way to incorporate this edgy spring trend into your wardrobe. (Target)
Different than the studded belts you might've worn during your "punk phase" in middle school, studs can make any piece look updated and a little bit edgy. You don't have to go full-on Lady Gaga with studs, but mixing them with delicate pieces balances the harshness of the studs. Lightly colored shirts and sweatshirts are a great contrast for studs, but if you're not ready for that, shoes are a great way to incorporate a trend with a little less commitment.
MAXI SKIRTS AND DRESSES
A sheer maxi skirt from ZARA allows for the perfect amount of sexy and classy. It's also an extremely comfortable style to rock. (ZARA)
This trend keeps coming back each spring and summer, but there's always a new way to pull it off. If you're on the shorter side and have struggled with maxis in the past, try a partially sheer maxi to still show some leg and not be taken over by a huge piece of fabric. For taller girls, keep embracing the maxi. Take advantage of simple, patterned maxi dresses that are simple and stylish to throw on any warmer day.
Try out one or try them all and enjoy the warmer weather!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Interview: Lauren Guglielmello of 'Hellish Half-Light'
- DeJaun Marrero transfers away from DePaul men's basketball
- Recap: Wicker Park Fest 2014
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?