Denim, dipped and dyed
While the winter blues are finally settling at a steady pace in our fine city, any dedicated window-shopper knows that hints of spring and summer trends are upon us. Despite being bundled, stepping into spring offers a transitional trend that oozes cool in dipped died denim.
Covered almost entirely in bleach, denim jackets, shorts and pants are given a laid back look sure to usher into summer. Consider it ombre for you jeans. Inspired by pieces from Dries Van Noten's Spring '11 collection, if splurging on the original is out of your ‘eating ramen every night' budget, a chambray shirt and a little craftsmanship makes participating in this trend a breeze. Recycling winter clothes into summer? Take that, economy!
The current obsession of street style bloggers, the dip dye denim look translates seamlessly into the everyday wardrobe. While the idea of donning processed denim could have you feeling as though you're channeling '80s acid wash, this updated version takes a fresh, beachy vibe on the staple fabric. Already stocking the shelves at stores such as Forever 21, it's only a matter of time before campus is crawling with bleached denim diehards.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Sunday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Saturday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Friday recap
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit