Denim, dipped and dyed
While the winter blues are finally settling at a steady pace in our fine city, any dedicated window-shopper knows that hints of spring and summer trends are upon us. Despite being bundled, stepping into spring offers a transitional trend that oozes cool in dipped died denim.
Covered almost entirely in bleach, denim jackets, shorts and pants are given a laid back look sure to usher into summer. Consider it ombre for you jeans. Inspired by pieces from Dries Van Noten's Spring '11 collection, if splurging on the original is out of your ‘eating ramen every night' budget, a chambray shirt and a little craftsmanship makes participating in this trend a breeze. Recycling winter clothes into summer? Take that, economy!
The current obsession of street style bloggers, the dip dye denim look translates seamlessly into the everyday wardrobe. While the idea of donning processed denim could have you feeling as though you're channeling '80s acid wash, this updated version takes a fresh, beachy vibe on the staple fabric. Already stocking the shelves at stores such as Forever 21, it's only a matter of time before campus is crawling with bleached denim diehards.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- August 2014 album round-up
- Arcade Brewery takes a crowdsourced approach to craft beer
- Raymond Doby opts out of attending DePaul
- Chicago celebrates Jackie Robinson West with Millenium Park parade
- President Fr. Holtschneider accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sandi Marcius of DePaul men's basketball signs to play overseas in native...
- Cleveland Melvin signs contract to play basketball in Hungary
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care