Denim, dipped and dyed
While the winter blues are finally settling at a steady pace in our fine city, any dedicated window-shopper knows that hints of spring and summer trends are upon us. Despite being bundled, stepping into spring offers a transitional trend that oozes cool in dipped died denim.
Covered almost entirely in bleach, denim jackets, shorts and pants are given a laid back look sure to usher into summer. Consider it ombre for you jeans. Inspired by pieces from Dries Van Noten's Spring '11 collection, if splurging on the original is out of your ‘eating ramen every night' budget, a chambray shirt and a little craftsmanship makes participating in this trend a breeze. Recycling winter clothes into summer? Take that, economy!
The current obsession of street style bloggers, the dip dye denim look translates seamlessly into the everyday wardrobe. While the idea of donning processed denim could have you feeling as though you're channeling '80s acid wash, this updated version takes a fresh, beachy vibe on the staple fabric. Already stocking the shelves at stores such as Forever 21, it's only a matter of time before campus is crawling with bleached denim diehards.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Fragmented Ferguson, Missouri in the name of Michael Brown
- Steppenwolf Theatre's
- Interview: Brenton Twaites and Odeya Rush of 'The Giver'
- AP: Ferguson police got surplus military equipment
- AP: Police won't release name of officer who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.
- Robin Williams: A retrospective
- More than just a revival: A review of the Goodman Theatre's "Brigadoon"
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma
- Save Energy and Money With Home Lighting Techniques