Where dubstep will fade in 2012, moombahton will take off. You heard it here first. The genre, a slowed-down electro beat with a reggaeton and dancehall rhythm pattern, moombahton has made huge strides in 2011 since its 2009 inception by DJ/producer Dave Nada. Taking front seat of this movement is a Chicagoan, Willy Joy, among others.
This track, "Woman Like Me," was also popularly remixed by moombah star Dillon Francis. It's only a matter of time before our own Mr. Joy's original tracks become as popular as the currently bigger-named scene-stealers. Plus, you know I like the girl power lyrics "you need a woman like me to make a difference in you."
With local DJ/mashup duo The Hood Internet and another local, mainly moombahton duo, Team Bayside High, Willy Joy takes the stage at Lincoln Hall this NYE. Get your paws on this rising star asap. Willy Joy will be the next Dillon Francis... who will be the next Diplo... who will be the next superstar DJ of the scene.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Sunday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Saturday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Friday recap
- A violent plight: U.S. faces crisis over illegal immigrant children
- AP: U.S. judge rules against California death penalty
- AP: Malaysian plane shot down over Ukraine
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...