DIY gifts this holiday season
For those of you who are short on cash and still looking for a way to give everyone on your list something special, fear no more!
Holiday craft ideas are in abundance online, and your friends and family are sure to appreciate the time and effort that you spent creating them a unique gift!
Craftgawker is a great one. The site is a photo gallery that allows you to visually search and discover handmade arts and crafts to inspire your own projects.
"We publish photography submitted by craft bloggers from around the world. Our editors review submissions daily and choose the highest quality, coolest images to showcase," says the site.
Another staple in holiday DIY is, of course, good ol' Martha Stewart. The site is stockpiled full of great ideas for a low cost. Find some last minute ideas on the list of 32 "Easy Christmas Crafts." Create a felt holly corsage, candy cane mice or a pip-cleaner snowflake ornament… or one of the many other ideas on the site.
Get browsing and get inspired!
Also welcome in the hearts (and stomachs) of your friends and family this holiday season—Christmas treats!
The DePaulia's favorite recipe is Cardiac Arrest Bars, which taste scarily similar to Girl Scout cookie thin mints.
CARDIAC ARREST BARS
1 cup sugar
** Mix together the sugar and softened butter and eggs.
1/4 pound butter (softened)
** Add the Hershey's syrup and flour and optional nuts.
** Put in 15 in x 10 in pan.
16 oz.can Hershey's syrup
** Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/4 pound butter (softened)
** Mix the four ingredients together. Optional - add a couple of drops of green or red food coloring.
4 cups powdered sugar
** Spread on top of cooled brownies.
1/4 cup milk
** Refrigerate until set.
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 pound butter
** Melt the butter and chocolate chips over a double boiler or slowly in the microwave (stirring often.)
12 oz chocolate chips
** Spread over icing layer, and put in freezer to set.
** Cut when set and store in freezer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Interview: Lauren Guglielmello of 'Hellish Half-Light'
- DeJaun Marrero transfers away from DePaul men's basketball
- Recap: Wicker Park Fest 2014
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?