Burgers and beer? Yes.
This is no ordinary burger bar. (And burger bars aren't ordinary to begin with.) Located just a few blocks north of the Lincoln Park campus, DMK serves up burgers that are a mouth-watering delight. And not only are they mouth-watering, they are actually good for you. The beef used for the burgers come from grass-fed cows, so it's a much healthier option. No worry about frozen patties or that weird pink mystery meat.
And you know what goes great with that burger? Beer. All the beers are from independent brewers. For daredevils, there is the Yeti, a Russian Imperial Stout with 9.5% alcoholic content (one is sufficient). It is a strong and bitter bad boy with coffee and chocolate flavors, aged on oak chips. Chocolate, coffee and beer in one bottle? Where have you been all my life? For lighter fare, try any of the beers on tap, especially the 3 Floyds (a wheat ale) and Two Brothers (Ale). For the non-beer drinker, there are homemade sodas and milkshakes, as well as a full bar.
With movies playing on the screens ("Wizard of Oz" was playing while I dined there recently) and catchy rock and pop music playing at a moderate level (not too loud and not too soft), DMK is a great place to relax with friends as well as go for a first or second date. (Maybe second date if potential love interest is cool with Arcade Fire and The Shins playing over drinks.)
The food is moderately priced. Burgers are 8 bucks apiece (cheese and bacon included in most of them). The appetizers are just as delicious, especially the mac 'n' cheese, which one dish serves 2-3 people. This is a definitely a place to go with a small group of friends either for a late afternoon lunch or for a late-night meal.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- August 2014 album round-up
- Arcade Brewery takes a crowdsourced approach to craft beer
- Raymond Doby opts out of attending DePaul
- Chicago celebrates Jackie Robinson West with Millenium Park parade
- President Fr. Holtschneider accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sandi Marcius of DePaul men's basketball signs to play overseas in native...
- Cleveland Melvin signs contract to play basketball in Hungary
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care