Burgers and beer? Yes.
This is no ordinary burger bar. (And burger bars aren't ordinary to begin with.) Located just a few blocks north of the Lincoln Park campus, DMK serves up burgers that are a mouth-watering delight. And not only are they mouth-watering, they are actually good for you. The beef used for the burgers come from grass-fed cows, so it's a much healthier option. No worry about frozen patties or that weird pink mystery meat.
And you know what goes great with that burger? Beer. All the beers are from independent brewers. For daredevils, there is the Yeti, a Russian Imperial Stout with 9.5% alcoholic content (one is sufficient). It is a strong and bitter bad boy with coffee and chocolate flavors, aged on oak chips. Chocolate, coffee and beer in one bottle? Where have you been all my life? For lighter fare, try any of the beers on tap, especially the 3 Floyds (a wheat ale) and Two Brothers (Ale). For the non-beer drinker, there are homemade sodas and milkshakes, as well as a full bar.
With movies playing on the screens ("Wizard of Oz" was playing while I dined there recently) and catchy rock and pop music playing at a moderate level (not too loud and not too soft), DMK is a great place to relax with friends as well as go for a first or second date. (Maybe second date if potential love interest is cool with Arcade Fire and The Shins playing over drinks.)
The food is moderately priced. Burgers are 8 bucks apiece (cheese and bacon included in most of them). The appetizers are just as delicious, especially the mac 'n' cheese, which one dish serves 2-3 people. This is a definitely a place to go with a small group of friends either for a late afternoon lunch or for a late-night meal.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Sunday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Saturday recap
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Friday recap
- A violent plight: U.S. faces crisis over illegal immigrant children
- AP: U.S. judge rules against California death penalty
- AP: Malaysian plane shot down over Ukraine
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest