2-week 70mm Film Festival comes to Music Box Theater
Starting this Friday the Music Box Theater will be holding a special 2-week long film festival at its theater which will be playing 70mm versions of classic films, the format the directors intended their films to be seen in.
The superior 70mm film was expensive when first introduced in the world of cinema and very few films were ever widely released in the format. Companies often opted to release films in the cheaper 35mm. The 70mm film festival is an extremely rare opportunity to see films in this superior format.
The festival will kick off this Friday night with screenings of Alfred Hitchcock's classic "Vertigo" and Stanley Kubrick's master piece "2001: A Space Odyssey."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- August 2014 album round-up
- Arcade Brewery takes a crowdsourced approach to craft beer
- Raymond Doby opts out of attending DePaul
- Chicago celebrates Jackie Robinson West with Millenium Park parade
- President Fr. Holtschneider accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sandi Marcius of DePaul men's basketball signs to play overseas in native...
- Cleveland Melvin signs contract to play basketball in Hungary
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care