Map: Drug cartel murders
A new database by the Mexican government gives detailed information on the murders it says to be related to the drug war since 2006. According to the data, Mexico saw a 60 percent increase in murders from 2009 to 2010.
The dots show the towns where a murder related to the drug war has taken place. The red markers represent towns with more than 70 deaths. Click on each dot for details.
Since President Felipe Calderon declared Mexico's war on drugs almost five years ago, more than 35,000 people have been murdered.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- Interview: Lauren Guglielmello of 'Hellish Half-Light'
- DeJaun Marrero transfers away from DePaul men's basketball
- Recap: Wicker Park Fest 2014
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
- 'One Flea Spare': An interview with David Samba, Megan Turner and Evan Williams
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?