Map: Drug cartel murders
A new database by the Mexican government gives detailed information on the murders it says to be related to the drug war since 2006. According to the data, Mexico saw a 60 percent increase in murders from 2009 to 2010.
The dots show the towns where a murder related to the drug war has taken place. The red markers represent towns with more than 70 deaths. Click on each dot for details.
Since President Felipe Calderon declared Mexico's war on drugs almost five years ago, more than 35,000 people have been murdered.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- President Fr. Holtschneider accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sandi Marcius of DePaul men's basketball signs to play overseas in native...
- Cleveland Melvin signs contract to play basketball in Hungary
- Women’s soccer win season opener against Central Michigan
- Do trendy Facebook challenges weaken “awareness”?
- No More Discrimination Against the Press in Ferguson
- Sad boys, fleece jackets and Tumblr: A commentary on Yung Lean
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care