The best of Golden Globes fashion
In a city as stylish as Chicago, it's no secret that we Chicagoans care about our clothing.
Every jaunt down Fullerton resembles a strut down the catwalk as young women are decked out in the latest trends.
So, of course, The DePaulia tuned in to critique and fawn over the latest fashions at the Golden Globes on Sunday. Here are the highlights.
Zooey Deschanel's nails
Hollywood's favorite quirky girl showed no restraint last Sunday night. She proudly flaunted her carefully painted "tuxedo nails."
They proved to be the most unique accessory and matched her personality perfectly. The newly single "New Girl" star wore vintage Prada and debuted a shorter hairstyle, as well.
What a perfect way to begin a year already full of change for the young starlet.
Emma Stone in Lanvin
Emma Stone was the spitting image of perfection.
Her deep crimson dress with its flawless shoulder embroidery, her effortless up-do, and her smoky eyes made her standout from the crowd of diamonds and nude tones.
Choosing to accessorize with a black leather belt adorned with a silver-and-diamond eagle solidified her status as on of the "Best Dressed" at the Globes.
The 23 year-old was the definition of red carpet stunning last Sunday night.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
To no surprise, Brad and Angie were one of the best-dressed couples at the Globes. Donning a champagne Versace gown with an unexpected red collar, Angie looked effervescent next to her partner Brad Pitt, who was forced to walk with a cane due to a prior injury.
Both nominees effortlessly maintained their hard-earned definition of a power couple and reminded the world why we all think they're just so beautiful.
Reese Witherspoon resembled an old Hollywood screen siren in her Zac Posen gown and wild blonde mane.
The deep red gown complimented her pale skin tone perfectly, and her choice for natural makeup allowed the dress to steal the show.
Her tousled locks showcased her laid-back personality and kept the ensemble from being too fussy. Reese was an unexpected front-runner for best dressed.
There's plenty left to be desired of Madonna's ensemble.
With a black cross, fingerless gloves and a poorly tailored gown, Madonna did not resemble the fashion icon that she once was…but Madonna did gain victory elsewhere.
After being jibed by Globes host Ricky Gervais, the "Queen of Pop" took a few hits back and gave him a piece of her mind. She also won a Globe for Best Original Song with her composition "Masterpiece."
Golden Globes Highlights
- Meryl Streep grabbed another Globe for playing Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady."
- Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" won Best Screenplay.
- Matt LeBlanc won a Globe for his performance in TV series "Episodes."
- "The Descendants" and "The Artist" won Best Motion Picture in their respective categories.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More depauliaonline News Articles
Recent depauliaonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DEPAULIAONLINE NEWS
- DePaul women's basketball releases non-conference schedule
- Interview: Lauren Guglielmello of 'Hellish Half-Light'
- DeJaun Marrero transfers away from DePaul men's basketball
- Recap: Wicker Park Fest 2014
- AP: Chicago school board approves $5.8 billion budget
- AP: Illinois man freed after 2 decades in prison
- AP: Chicago mayor holds meeting on city violence
RECENT DEPAULIAONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...